Place:


Dudhope  Angus

 

In 1887, John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles described Dudhope like this:

Dudhope Castle, Dundee, Forfarshire, on a terrace at the foot of the Law; was originally the principal seat of the Scrymseours, hereditary constables of Dundee, and is now used as an infantry barracks; in vicinity of Dundee is Dudhope House.

The location is that shown for Dudhope Castle on modern 1:25,000 maps.

Dudhope through time

Dudhope is now part of Dundee district. Click here for graphs and data of how Dundee has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Dudhope itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dudhope, in Dundee and Angus | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21846

Date accessed: 26th January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Dudhope ".