Place:


Spetchley  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Spetchley like this:

SPETCHLEY, a parish in Pershore district, Worcestershire; on the Birmingham and Gloucester railway, 3 miles E by S of Worcester It has a station on the railway, and a post-office under Worcester. Acres, 779. Real property, £4,477. Pop., 140. Houses, 25. The manor, with S. Hall, belongs to R. Berkeley, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £109. Patron, R. Berkeley, Esq. The church is old. There is a Roman Catholic school.

Spetchley through time

Spetchley is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Spetchley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Spetchley, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10090

Date accessed: 13th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Spetchley ".