Place:


Wollaston  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wollaston like this:

WOLLASTON, a chapelry in Alberbury parish, Salop; near Middletown r. station, and 10¾ miles W of Shrewsbury. Post town, Alberbury, under Shrewsbury. Real property, £2,482. Pop., 367. Houses, 73. The property is subdivided. There are quarries and lead mines. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £95. Patron, the Vicar of Alberbury. The church is tolerable.

Wollaston through time

Wollaston is now part of Shrewsbury and Atcham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Shrewsbury and Atcham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wollaston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wollaston, in Shrewsbury and Atcham and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10533

Date accessed: 22nd July 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Wollaston".