Place:


Croft  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Croft like this:

CROFT, a parish in Blaby district, Leicester; on the Fosse way and the river Soar, 2¾ miles NNW of Broughton-Astley r. station, and 5¾ ENE of Hinckley. It has a post office under Hinckley. Acres, 1, 010. Real property, £2, 353. Pop., 319. Houses, 71. The property is divided among a few. Croft Hall is a chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £582. Patron, the Rev. R. T. Adnutt. The church old and narrow, but good. There is a national school.

Croft through time

Croft is now part of Blaby district. Click here for graphs and data of how Blaby has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Croft itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Croft, in Blaby and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10713

Date accessed: 13th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Croft ".