Place:


Stoney Stanton  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stoney Stanton like this:

STANTON-STONEY, a parish, with a village, in Hinckley district, Leicester; 4¼ miles E by N of Hinckley r. station. It has a postal letter-box under Hinckley. Acres, 1,750. Real property, £3,850; of which £30 are in quarries. Pop., 703. Houses, 163. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £400. Patron, T. Frewen, Esq. The church was repaired and enlarged in 1843; and has a tower and spire. Charities, £8.

Stoney Stanton through time

Stoney Stanton is now part of Blaby district. Click here for graphs and data of how Blaby has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stoney Stanton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stoney Stanton, in Blaby and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11303

Date accessed: 13th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stoney Stanton ".