Place:


Priddy  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Priddy like this:

PRIDDY, a parish, with a village, in Wells district, Somerset; under the Mendip hills, 4 miles N N W of Wells r. station. Post-town, Wells. Acres, 1, 361. Real property, £852. Pop., 251. Houses, 48. The manor belongs to J. Green, Esq. There is a Roman camp. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Westbury, in the diocese of Bath and Wells. The church is old, and has a tower. A fair is held on 21 Aug.

Priddy through time

Priddy is now part of Mendip district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mendip has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Priddy itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Priddy, in Mendip and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13154

Date accessed: 23rd January 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Priddy ".