Place:


Biddenham  Bedfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Biddenham like this:

BIDDENHAM, a parish in the district and county. of Bedford; on the river Ouse, 2 miles W of Bedford r. station. It has a post office under Bedford. Acres, 1,760. Real property, £2,752. Pop., 350. Houses, 71. The property is divided among a few. The living is a Vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £100.* Patron, Lord Dynevor. The church is Norman, in good condition

Biddenham through time

Biddenham is now part of Bedford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bedford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Biddenham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Biddenham, in Bedford and Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1376

Date accessed: 09th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Biddenham ".