Place:


Pulloxhill  Bedfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pulloxhill like this:

PULLOXHILL, a village and a parish in Ampthill district, Beds. The village stands near the Midland railway, 3½ miles S E of Ampthill; and has a postal pillar-box under Ampthill. The parish comprises 1, 760 acres. Real property, £2, 919. Pop., 704. Houses, 136. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Countess Cowper. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £210.* Patron, Countess Cowper. The church is good, and has a tower. There is a national school.

Pulloxhill through time

Pulloxhill is now part of Mid Bedfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Bedfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pulloxhill itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pulloxhill in Mid Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1391

Date accessed: 25th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pulloxhill ".