Place:


Westoning  Bedfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Westoning like this:

WESTONING, a parish, with a village, in Ampthill district, Beds; 2 miles WNW of Haslington r. station, and 3¾ S by W of Ampthill. It has a postal-pillar box under Woburn. Acres, 1,715. Real property, £3,732. Pop., 784. Houses, 162. The manor, with W. Manor House, belongs to the Rev. J. W.Campion. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely. Value, £260.* Patron, the Rev. J. W.Campion. The church was restored in 1859. There are a national school and charities £38.

Westoning through time

Westoning is now part of Mid Bedfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Bedfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Westoning itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Westoning in Mid Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1399

Date accessed: 01st December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Westoning ".