Place:


Langford  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Langford like this:

LANGFORD, a parish in Swaffham district, Norfolk; on the river Wissey, 3 miles NE of Mundford and 7¼ NE by N of Brandon r. station. Post-town, Mundford, under Brandon. Acres, 1,405. Real property, £748. Pop., 62. Houses, 11. The manor belongs to Lord Ashburton. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Igborough, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £248.* Patron, Lord Ashburton. The church is early English, and contains a monument to Sir Jacob Garrard.

Langford through time

Langford is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Langford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Langford, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1702

Date accessed: 28th November 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Langford ".