Place:


Bedwardine  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bedwardine like this:

BEDWARDINE-ST. JOHN, a parish in the district and county of Worcester; on the river Severn, partly within the borough of Worcester. It includes a western suburb of Worcester, the places called Boughton and Wick-Episcopi or Upper and Lower Wick, and the reputedly extra-parochial tract of Henwick. ...


Acres, 3,775. Real property, £19,548. Pop., 2,974. Houses, 653. The property is not much divided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £635. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Worcester. The church is partly Norman, and good. A school has an endowed income of £36, and other charities £60.

The location is that of St Johns Bedwardine.

Bedwardine through time

Bedwardine is now part of Worcester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Worcester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bedwardine itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bedwardine, in Worcester and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20182

Date accessed: 13th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bedwardine ".