Place:


Lower Gravenhurst  Bedfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lower Gravenhurst like this:

GRAVENHURST (LOWER), a parish in Ampthill district, Beds; 3½ miles SW of Shefford r. station, and 5½ ESE of Ampthill. Post town, Silsoe, under Ampthill. Acres, 1, 240. Real property, with Upper Gravenhurst, £2, 340. Rated property of L. G. alone, £613. Pop., 60. Houses, 13. The property is divided among a few. There are extensive brickworks. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £243. * Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was rebuilt, in 1400, by R. de Bilhemore; has a brass of him; and is good.

Lower Gravenhurst through time

Lower Gravenhurst is now part of Mid Bedfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Bedfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lower Gravenhurst itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lower Gravenhurst in Mid Bedfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21000

Date accessed: 02nd July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lower Gravenhurst ".