Place:


Roberton  Lanarkshire

 

In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Roberton like this:

Roberton, a village and an ancient parish in the Upper Ward of Lanarkshire. The village, standing near the left bank of the river Clyde, 3 miles SSE of Lamington station, has a U.P. church, rebuilt in 1873. The ancient parish, lying around the village, was united to Wiston in 1772.—Ord. Sur., sh. 23, 1865.

Roberton through time

Roberton is now part of South Lanarkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Lanarkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Roberton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Roberton in South Lanarkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21907

Date accessed: 27th October 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Roberton ".