Place:


Douglastown  Angus

 

In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Douglastown like this:

Douglastown, a village in Kinnettles parish, Forfarshire, on the right bank of Arity Water, at the western verge of the parish, 3½ miles SW of Forfar, under which it has a post office. At it stand the handsome new parish school and a large flax-spinning mill, founded, like the village, in 1792.

Douglastown through time

Douglastown is now part of Angus district. Click here for graphs and data of how Angus has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Douglastown itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Douglastown in Angus | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22077

Date accessed: 25th October 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Douglastown ".