Place:


Prion  Denbighshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Prion like this:

PRION, a chapelry in Llanrhaidr-in-Kinmerch parish, Denbighshire; in the valley of the Clywd, near Denbigh r. station. It was constituted in 1860; and its post town is Denbigh. Pop., 479. Houses, 99. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £150. Patron, the Bishop of St. Asaph.

Prion through time

Prion is now part of Denbighshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Denbighshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Prion itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Prion in Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23237

Date accessed: 30th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Prion ".