Place:


Ward End  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ward End like this:

WARD-END, a chapelry in Aston parish, Warwick; near Castle-Bromwich and Erdington r. stations, 3½ miles NE of Birmingham. Post town, Birmingham. Acres, 1,075. Pop., 405. W.-E. Hall is the seat of W. Hutton, Esq. There are extensive wire mills. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £70. Patron, the Vicar of Aston. The church was rebuilt in 1835.

Additional information about this locality is available for Birmingham

Ward End through time

Ward End is now part of Birmingham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Birmingham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ward End itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ward End, in Birmingham and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24286

Date accessed: 29th May 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ward End ".