Place:


Bevere  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bevere like this:

BEVERE, an island in the Severn, 2 ½ miles N of Worcester. It is supposed to have been a resort of beavers; was a retreat of the inhabitants of Worcester during the plague of 1637; and is now a good and favourite bathing-place. It contains a mansion; commands a fine view of the Abberley and the Malvern hills; and has a post office, of the name of Bevere-Green, under Worcester.

Additional information about this locality is available for Claines

Bevere through time

Bevere is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bevere itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bevere, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/25576

Date accessed: 13th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bevere ".