Place:


Tickencote  Rutland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tickencote like this:

TICKENCOTE, a parish in Oakham district, Rutland; 3 miles NW of Stamford r. station. Post town, Stamford. Acres, 1,256. Real property, £1,511. Pop., 104. Houses, 21. The manor, with T. Hall, belongs to J. M. Wingfield, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £138. Patron, J. M. Wingfield, Esq. The church was mainly rebuilt in 1792.

Tickencote through time

Tickencote is now part of Rutland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rutland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tickencote itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tickencote in Rutland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2816

Date accessed: 14th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tickencote ".