Place:


Lavernock  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lavernock like this:

LAVERNOCK, or LARNOCK, a parish in Cardiff district, Glamorgan; on the coast, at Lavernock point, opposite Flatholm island, 5½ miles S of Cardiff r. station. It contains the hamlet of Cosmaston; and its post town is Penarth, under Cardiff. Acres, 1, 014; of which 390 are water. Real property, £676. Pop., 89. Houses, 17. The rocks include traces of lead ore. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Penarth, in the diocese of Llandaff.

Lavernock through time

Lavernock is now part of The Vale of Glamorgan district. Click here for graphs and data of how The Vale of Glamorgan has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lavernock itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lavernock in The Vale of Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2835

Date accessed: 09th May 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lavernock ".