Place:


Lecwith  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lecwith like this:

LECKWITH, or LLECHWYDD, a parish in Cardiff district, Glamorgan; on the river Ely, 2 miles SW of Cardiff r. station. Post town, Cardiff. Acres, 1, 302. Real property, £1, 221. Pop., 1 33. Houses, 30. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory, united with the rectories of Llandough and Cogan, in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £182. * Patron, the Marquis of Bute. The church is ancient but good.

Lecwith through time

Lecwith is now part of The Vale of Glamorgan district. Click here for graphs and data of how The Vale of Glamorgan has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lecwith itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lecwith in The Vale of Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3014

Date accessed: 09th May 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lecwith ".