Place:


Gooderstone  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Gooderstone like this:

GOODERSTONE, a parish in Swaffham district, Norfolk; 4½ miles ENE of Stoke-Ferry, and 6½ SSW of Swaffham r. station. Post town, Stoke-Ferry, under Brandon. Acres, 2, 781. Real property, £3, 024. Pop., 571. Houses, 121. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £119. Patron, H. R. Micklefield, Esq. The church had a chantry and six stalls; and is good. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities, including fuel allotment, £30.

Gooderstone through time

Gooderstone is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Gooderstone itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Gooderstone, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/3960

Date accessed: 28th November 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Gooderstone ".