Place:


Didlington  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Didlington like this:

DIDLINGTON, a parish in Swaffham district, Norfolk; on the river Wissey, 5½ miles SE by E of Stoke-Ferry, and 6½ N of Brandon r. station. Post town, Northwold, under Brandon. Acres, 1,854. Real property, £1, 283. Pop. 80. Houses, 17. The property is divided among a few. Didlington Hall is the seat of Lord Berners; and contains portraits by Holbein. The living is a vicarage, united with the rectory of Colveston. in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £200. Patron, Lord Berners. The church is good.

Didlington through time

Didlington is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Didlington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Didlington, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5120

Date accessed: 28th November 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Didlington ".