Place:


Foulden  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Foulden like this:

FOULDEN, a parish in Swaffham district, Norfolk; near the river Wissey, 4½ miles E by S of Stoke-Ferry, and 8½ N of Brandon r. station. Post town, Northwold, under Brandon. Acres, 3, 395. Real property, £3, 225. Pop., 517. Houses, 106. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Oxburgh, in the diocese . of Norwich. The church is ancient but good; and there are a national school, and charities £47.

Foulden through time

Foulden is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Foulden itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Foulden, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5756

Date accessed: 28th November 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Foulden ".