Place:


Kimpton  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kimpton like this:

KIMPTON, a parish in Andover district, Hants; near the boundary with Wilts, and near the London, Yeovil, and Exeter railway, 6 miles W by N of Andover. It contains the hamlet of Shoddesden, and has a post office under Andover. Acres, 2, 753. Real property, with Fyfield and Thruxton, £5, 79 4. ...


Pop., 305. Houses, 70. The property is divided among a few The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £450.* Patron, the Executor of the late G. S. Foyle, Esq. The church is old, with a recent tower; and has been repaired. There are a national school, and charities £10.

Kimpton through time

Kimpton is now part of Test Valley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Test Valley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kimpton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kimpton, in Test Valley and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/5842

Date accessed: 29th November 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kimpton ".