Place:


Colveston  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Colveston like this:

COLVESTON, a parish in Swaffham district, Norfolk; on the river Wissey, 6 ½ miles N by W of Brandon r. station. Post town, Stoke-Ferry, under Brandon. Acres, 861. Real property, £488. Pop., 59. Houses, 9. The living is a rectory, annexed to the vicarage of Diddlington, in the diocese of Norwich. There is no church.

Colveston through time

Colveston is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Colveston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Colveston, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6037

Date accessed: 28th November 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Colveston ".