Place:


Michaelston le Pit  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Michaelston le Pit like this:

MICHAELSTONE-LE-PIT, or LLAN FIHANGELYNYGVAELOD, a parish in Cardiff district, Glamorgan; near the coast, 3 ½ miles SW of Cardiff r. station. Posttown, Cardiff. Acres, 790. Real property, £672. Pop., 73. Houses, 18. The property is divided among a few. Limestone abounds, and lead ore is found. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £65. Patron, T. B. Rouse, Esq. The church is good.

Michaelston le Pit through time

Michaelston le Pit is now part of The Vale of Glamorgan district. Click here for graphs and data of how The Vale of Glamorgan has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Michaelston le Pit itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Michaelston le Pit in The Vale of Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6808

Date accessed: 10th May 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Michaelston le Pit ".