Place:


Ulting  Essex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ulting like this:

ULTING, a parish in Witham district, Essex; on the river Chelmer, 4 miles SSW of Witham r. station. Post town, Maldon. Acres, 1,147. Real property, £2,295. Pop., 169. Houses, 36. The manor belongs to R. Nicholson, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £350.* Patron, Sidney-Sussex College, Cambridge. The church is ancient.

Ulting through time

Ulting is now part of Maldon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Maldon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ulting itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ulting, in Maldon and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/6954

Date accessed: 21st June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Ulting".