Place:


Bilborough  Nottinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bilborough like this:

BILBOROUGH, a parish in Basford district, Notts; on the Nottingham canal, 3 miles W of Radford r. station, and 4 NW of Nottingham. It includes the hamlet of Broxtow; and its Post Town is Wollaton, under Nottingham. Acres, 1,090. Real property, £1,788. Pop., 232. Houses, 47. The property is divided between two. Coal was formerly worked. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £273. Patron, T. W. Edge, Esq. The church is tolerable.

Bilborough through time

Bilborough is now part of Nottingham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Nottingham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bilborough itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bilborough, in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7257

Date accessed: 27th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bilborough ".