Place:


Cogenhoe  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cogenhoe like this:

COGENHOE, or Cooknoe, a parish in Hardingstone district, Northamptonshire; on the river Nen, and on the Northampton and Peterborough railway, 1¼ mile E of Billing Road r. station, and 5½ E of Northampton. Post town, Great Billing, under Northampton, Acres, 960. Real property, £2, 175. Pop., 360. Houses, 69. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £400.* Patron, G. Burnham, Esq. The church is good; and there are chapels for Baptists and Wesleyans.

Cogenhoe through time

Cogenhoe is now part of South Northamptonshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Northamptonshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cogenhoe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cogenhoe in South Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/7665

Date accessed: 28th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cogenhoe ".