Place:


Staverton  Northamptonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Staverton like this:

STAVERTON, a parish, with a village, in Daventry district, Northampton; 2½ miles WSW of Daventry, and 5¾ W by N of Weedon r. station. It has a post-office under Daventry. Acres, 2,240. Real property, £5,003. Pop., 486. Houses, 118. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £700.* Patron, Christchurch, Oxford. The church is good, and there are an endowed school with £44 a year, and charities £42.

Staverton through time

Staverton is now part of Daventry district. Click here for graphs and data of how Daventry has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Staverton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Staverton, in Daventry and Northamptonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8175

Date accessed: 07th March 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Staverton ".