Place:


Arley  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Arley like this:

ARLEY, a parish in Nuneaton district, Warwick; on the Birmingham and Leicester railway, with a r. station, 6 miles W by S of Nuneaton. It includes a place called Sloley Hill; and its Post Town is Fillongley under Coven try. Acres, 1,929. Real property, £3,366. Pop., 230. Houses, 56. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £351.* Patron, the Rev. Roger R. Vanghton. The church is good; and there are charities £36.

Arley through time

Arley is now part of North Warwickshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Warwickshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Arley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Arley in North Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/8529

Date accessed: 25th May 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Arley ".