Place:


Udimore  Sussex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Udimore like this:

UDIMORE, a parish in Rye district, Sussex; 3 miles WNW of Winchelsea r. station. It includes a detached part called Little Udimore, and it has a post-office under Rye. Acres, 2,221. Real property, £4,102. Pop., 444. Houses, 85. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Chichester. Value, £100. Patron, F. Langford, Esq. The church is chiefly early English.

Udimore through time

Udimore is now part of Rother district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rother has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Udimore itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Udimore, in Rother and Sussex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9044

Date accessed: 14th April 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Udimore".