Place:


Wolfhampcote  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wolfhampcote like this:

WOLFHAMCOTE, a parish, with three hamlets, in Rugby district, Warwick; 3½ miles NW of Daventry, and 5 SW of Crick r. station. Post town, Rugby. Acres, 3,470. Real property, £7,698. Pop., 444. Houses, 95. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £90. Patron, Lady Hood. The church is good; and there are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.

Wolfhampcote through time

Wolfhampcote is now part of Rugby district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rugby has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wolfhampcote itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wolfhampcote, in Rugby and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9460

Date accessed: 07th March 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wolfhampcote ".