Administrative unit

Canterbury St Gregory the Great EP/EExP

Ecclesiastical Parish

Preferred Name:
CANTERBURY ST GREGORY THE GREAT
Unit Type:
Ecclesiastical Parish
Status:
Ecclesiastical Extra-Parochial Area (until 1852)
Ecclesiastical Parish (after 1852)
Date created:
 
Date abolished:
 
Unit ID:
10151338
Authorities:
F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 264.

Notes:

Priory

Alternative names

We know of no alternate names.

Unit associations

This unit was associated with the following other units:

Nature of association Other unit involved Type of unit Authority
was preceded by CANTERBURY ST GREGORY THE GREAT CP/ExP Parish-level Unit F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 264.

Unit history

This unit was part of the following units:

Name Type Start End Authority
KENT Ancient County     F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 264.
CANTERBURY Rural Deanery 1852   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 264.

Boundary changes

This unit was affected by the following changes:

Date Type of change Other unit involved Area transferred Authority
1752 was created from part of CANTERBURY ST MARY NORTH GATE EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 264.

Lower level units

We know of no units which were contained within this unit.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, Canterbury St Gregory the Great EP/EExP through time | Census tables with data for the Ecclesiastical Parish, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/unit/10151338

Date accessed: 22nd June 2024