Administrative unit

Canterbury White Friars EExP

Ecclesiastical Parish

Preferred Name:
CANTERBURY WHITE FRIARS
Unit Type:
Ecclesiastical Parish
Status:
Ecclesiastical Extra-Parochial Area (until 1959)
Date created:
 
Date abolished:
1959
Unit ID:
10039988
Authorities:
F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 264.

Alternative names

We know of no alternate names.

Unit associations

This unit was associated with the following other units:

Nature of association Other unit involved Type of unit Authority
was preceded by CANTERBURY WHITE FRIARS ExP/CP Parish-level Unit F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 264.

Unit history

This unit was part of the following units:

Name Type Start End Authority
KENT Ancient County   1959 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 264.

Boundary changes

This unit was affected by the following changes:

Date Type of change Other unit involved Area transferred Authority
1959 was abolished to create CANTERBURY ST ALPHEGE WITH ST MARGARET EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 264.

Lower level units

We know of no units which were contained within this unit.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, Canterbury White Friars EExP through time | Census tables with data for the Ecclesiastical Parish, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/unit/10039988

Date accessed: 22nd June 2024