Administrative unit

Canterbury St Alphege With St Margaret EP

Ecclesiastical Parish

Preferred Name:
CANTERBURY ST ALPHEGE WITH ST MARGARET
Unit Type:
Ecclesiastical Parish
Status:
Ecclesiastical Parish (1957 - 1973)
Date created:
1957
Date abolished:
1973
Unit ID:
10150450
Authorities:
F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 263.

Alternative names

We know of no alternate names.

Unit associations

We know of no associations with other units.

Unit history

This unit was part of the following units:

Name Type Start End Authority
KENT Ancient County 1957 1973 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 263.
CANTERBURY Rural Deanery 1957 1973 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 263.

Boundary changes

This unit was affected by the following changes:

Date Type of change Other unit involved Area transferred Authority
1957 was created through the abolition of CANTERBURY ST ALPHEGE AND ST MARY AND ALL SAINTS EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 263.
1957 was created through the abolition of CANTERBURY ST MARGARET WITH ST ANDREW AND ST MARY EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 264.
1959 was enlarged by the abolition of CANTERBURY BLACK PRINCES CHANTRY EExP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 263.
1959 was enlarged by the abolition of CANTERBURY EAST BRIDGE HOSPITAL EExP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 263.
1959 was enlarged by the abolition of CANTERBURY ST GEORGE THE MARTYR EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 264.
1959 was enlarged by the abolition of CANTERBURY ST MARY MAGDALEN EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 264.
1959 was created through the abolition of CANTERBURY WHITE FRIARS EExP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 264.
1959 was enlarged by the abolition of STAPLEGATE EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 290.
1973 was abolished to create CANTERBURY ST PETER AND ST ALPHEGE WITH ST MARGARET EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 263.

Lower level units

We know of no units which were contained within this unit.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, Canterbury St Alphege With St Margaret EP through time | Census tables with data for the Ecclesiastical Parish, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/unit/10150450

Date accessed: 25th June 2024